MSI is showing its breezy new high-mobility notebook computers, including the U270, U160MX, X370, and X460, featuring Intel and AMD’s new generation power-sipping, high-performance processors at this year’s CeBIT in Hanover, Germany. Certain models also come with MSI’s own TDE overclocking and ECO Engine power-saving technologies. Graced with stylishly slender exteriors and boasting exceptional performance and extended battery performance, these machines are stealing the spotlight at CeBIT 2011.
MSI has added two new feather-weight laptops each to its U and X Series. The Wind U270 and U160MX as well as the X370 and X460 are being displayed at CeBIT. The Wind U270 and X-Slim X370 are equipped with AMD’s latest milestone E-350 dual core processor with DirectX 11-supporting AMD Radeon HD 6310 discrete-class graphics chip to significantly enhance the processing performance of diminutive laptops. The X460 packs the Intel second generation Core i processor and nVidia GeForce GT540M discrete graphics card, giving this highly mobile laptop impressive power.
Eric Kuo, associate vice president for global sales, MSI Notebook, explains that MSI’s latest ultra-light, ultra-portable laptops not only pack punch, they are also slimmer, lighter, and more stylish. The X370, for example, is less than one-inch thin and tips the scales at just 1.4Kg with battery. The X370 is graced with a black brush finish that, in addition to being beautiful, also protects against smudging and wear. It also comes with MSI’s ECO Engine power saving technology, Easy Face biometric software, the Easy Viewer photo manager, and the S-Bar tool bar—exclusive applications designed to further enhance your computing experience.
Lean, mean machines:
- 2nd generation Intel Core processor: The X-Slim X460 features the 2nd generation Intel Core i processor for better performance and the new generation Turbo Boost 2.0 for vastly enhanced performance in each core. The Quick Sync Video revs up efficiency when ripping, synchronizing, and editing multimedia files. The X460 also sports the nVidia GeForce GT540M discrete graphics card with 1GBDDR3 of display memory and the latest DirectX 11 for enhanced processing performance when drawing.
- New AMD architecture processor: The U270 and X370 NBs feature AMD’s newest generation dual core E-350 processor with the AMD Radeon™ HD 6310 discrete class graphics chip for improved processing and display performance. These powerful new cards provide improved display performance on par with that of discrete graphics cards.
- TDE turbo technology: The Wind U160MX employs Intel’s new generation Atom N455 processor and supports DDR3 memory. At 6.5 watts, it not only sips power, it enhances performance by 10% and extends battery life by 15%. In addition, MSI’s TDE (Turbo Drive Engine technology) instantly kicks the Wind U160MX into overdrive, so the system doesn’t bog down when processing heavy-load applications, like image processing software.
Light, breezy, and the ultimate in multimedia:
- HD720p webcam: The MSI U160MX, U270, X370, and X460 come with a cinema-class 16:9 ratio LED display, which not only offers richer colors, but doesn’t have those pesky black strips at the top and bottom of the screen when you watch HD films. The U270 laptop also comes equipped with an HD720p webcam to give you rich, smooth, clear pictures when conferencing with friends and family.
- HDMI and USB3.0 slots: The MSI U270, X370, and X460 are equipped with an HDMI slot to connect to large-screen LCD TVs, so you can enjoy the ultimate in HD entertainment. The U270 and X460 also come with new USB3.0 ports which boast transfer speeds of 4.8Gbps—10 times faster than USB2.0, and 80% faster power transmission, providing vastly higher data transfer rates and charging speeds for external hard drives, flash drives, and other handheld electronic devices.
- MSI S-Bar: The MSI U160MX, U270, X370, and X460 laptop computers all boast MSI’s S-Bar toolbar which consists of shortcuts for major OS programs and hardware as well as MSI’s own applications. It allows you to control all system functions, programs, and auxiliary programs, such as applications to save power and boost performance as well as MSI’s multimedia software and the webcam, the projector, the wireless, Bluetooth, volume control, screen brightness, and standby mode. Operating multimedia was never easier.
- Easy Face biometric software: The Wind U160MX, U270, X370, and X460 come preloaded with MSI’s own facial recognition software which works in concert with the high definition webcam to protect data biometrically. Easy Face remembers passwords for MSN accounts as well as login passwords for websites and systems and can integrate all passwords for your personal accounts under one lock and key—your unique facial features. It remembers your passwords, so you don’t have to.
- ECO engine power saving technology: The U160MX, U270, X370, and X460 feature MSI’s exclusive ECO technology which extends battery life with one touch. You can choose from among five power management scenarios—Video Game, Film, Presentation, Word Processing, and Turbo Battery, effectively maximizing battery life.
- MSI i-Charger technology: The U160MX, U270, and X370 also sport MSI’s i-Charger technology which pumps more power through USB slots, so you can recharge devices up to three times faster. Now, while others are waiting for their mobile devices to recharge, you can be enjoying yours.