MSI is unveiling the newest members of its gaming book series, including the 17.3-inch GT780 and GX780 and the 15.6-inch GT680, GX680, GR620, and GE620. Under the hood, they all pack Intel’s 2nd generation Core™ i7 quad core processor. Certain models also feature nVidia’s high-end discrete graphics card, accelerated dual hard disk architecture, and as much as 16GB of memory. They are the epitome of unbeatable performance.
MSI is rolling out the newest additions to its G Series of gaming notebook computers at CeBIT 2011. They include the 17.3-inch GT780 and GX780 as well as the 15.6-inch GT680, GX680, GR620, and GE620, all of which pack Intel’s second generation Core i7 quad core processor. World gaming champions Fnatic.MSI will be putting the MSI GT680, the fastest laptop computer on the face of the planet, through its paces at CeBIT, showing visitors just how dominating this mean machine can be. These G Series notebooks also all come with exquisite sound systems. MSI worked in close cooperation with world leader in sound systems Dynaudio to obtain obstruction-free sound transmission on the GT680, GT780, GX680, and GX780 to give you a virtual audio feast and enhance your gaming experience. Eric Kuo, associate vice president for global sales, MSI Notebook, points out that in addition to being designed to meet the needs of serious gamers, the powerful GT780 and GX780 notebook computers are more than adequate for other types of users, such as digital content creators and engineers. They feature Intel’s second generation Corei7 quad core processor, top-end nVidia GeForce discrete graphics cards, accelerated dual hard disk architecture, and offer up to 16GB of memory to provide mobile workers powerful performance and production capability. Now, you can extricate yourself from your office cubicle and work productively anytime, anywhere.
- 2nd generation Intel Core i7 quad core processor: MSI G Series laptops—the GT680, GX680, GT780, GX780, GR620, and GE620, all feature the 2nd generation Intel Core™ i7 quad core processor for better performance and new generation Turbo Boost 2.0 to vastly enhance performance in each core. Quick Sync Video revs up efficiency when ripping, synchronizing, and editing multimedia files.
- nVidia discrete graphics card: New generation G Series discrete graphics models pack top-end nVidia discrete graphics cards. The GX680 and GX780 laptops come with the nVidia GeForce GT 555M discrete graphics card, the GE620 is equipped with nVidia GeForce GT 540M, and the GT680 and GT780 laptops sport nVidia GeForce GTX 460M and nVidia GeForce GTX, respectively. All of these high-end discrete graphics cards support DirectX 11 for higher resolution, allowing you to see, for example, details of buildings off in the distance, making your games more realistic.
- Advanced Cooler Boost technology: The high-performance GT680, GT780, GX680, and GX780 all pack powerful Cooler Boost technology. Just one touch of the luminescent hotkey above the keyboard kicks in the powerful cooling function which also shows current core temperatures and fan RPMs. Now, your system can stay cool even when you’re working for long periods in hot conditions.
- Latest USB3.0 ports: The GT680 comes with new USB3.0 ports which boast transfer speeds of 4.8Gbps—10 times faster than USB2.0, and 80% higher power transmission, providing vastly higher data transfer rates and charging speeds for external hard drives, flash drives, and other handheld electronic devices.
Light and sound feast:
- MSI Premium Sound: So you think laptops just can’t offer a decent sound experience? Think again! MSI GT680, GX680, GT780, and GX780 will completely shatter this stereotype. Backed by masterful craftsmanship and driven by uncompromising standards for sound quality, MSI created Premium Sound, allowing you to experience unprecedented sound fidelity. MSI worked closely with world renowned sound system designers at Dynaudio to carry out vast amounts of study and countless calculations on these notebook computers to determine ideal locations to install speakers to obtain obstruction-free sound transmission.
- THX TruStudio Pro: New generation MSI G Series NBs are equipped with THX TruStudio Pro wrap around sound, heretofore found only in cinemas. The sound is pumped out of top-end internal speakers, allowing them to reproduce any music type or frequency faithfully.
- Cinema Pro technology: The G Series features powerful multimedia processing and MSI’s own Cinema Pro technology for the best possible graphics. A touch of the Cinema Pro hotkey instantly switches to film mode for higher resolution and richer colors to bring you the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios. The all new G Series laptops are not only the best choice for serious gamers, they are a powerful digital multimedia center.
- Top-end HD hardware: The MSI G Series is equipped with a wide cinema-class 16:9 ratio LED display. Not only are colors rich and crisp, you don’t have those pesky black bars at the top and bottom or your screen when viewing HD films. Images are true-to-life and the HD720p webcam allows you to enjoy fast, smooth, and bright high fidelity web calls with friends and family. If you want something bigger than a high definition computer screen to view films, they also come with an HDMI port, so any type of high-fidelity, high-definition video can be played on your NB, but viewed via a cable on a large LCD television screen.
Professional mobile work station:
- Ideal fusion of professionalism and stylishness: In the creation of the GT780 and GX780, MSI was inspired by design concepts found in classy high-end automobiles. The elements incorporated into the overall design and every detail of these two machines serve to give these high-performance gaming machines a feeling of professionalism and style. The glowing white characters “MSI” in the center of the cover accentuate the brush metal finish of the aluminum manganese alloy body, placing these NBs in a class all their own. What you get is a chic high tech texture that exudes awesome power and envelope-pushing style.
- The ultimate high performance mobile work station: In addition to being the best choice for gamers, the powerful GT780 and GX780 notebook computers are ideal for other users, such as digital content creators and engineers. These 17.3-inch machines feature Intel’s second generation Core i7 quad core processor, top-end nVidia GeForce discrete graphics cards, accelerated dual hard disk architecture, and up to 16GB of memory to provide mobile workers powerful performance and production capability. Free yourself from your cubicle to work anytime, anywhere.
Fastest NB on the planet:
- State-of-the-art hardware: The MSI GT680 is the fastest laptop computer in the world. In addition to featuring Intel’s top-end 2nd generation Core™ i7 quad core processor, it also packs the ultra-powerful nVidia GeForce GTX 460M discrete graphics card. In the past, MSI included a maximum of three DDR3 memory slots. To further boost the GT680’s performance, MSI increased the number of DDR3 memory slots in the new generation GT680 to four for a maximum of 16Gb of memory, creating a gaming machine with unparalleled performance.
- Accelerated dual SSD architecture: The GT680 also comes with optional accelerated dual solid state drive (SSD) architecture. The read-write speed of just one dual solid state drive is three times faster than traditional hard discs. Coupling it with the RAID 0 accelerated dual architecture not only doubles the GT680’s hard drive memory capacity, it enhances read-write speeds by some 70%. TDE technology: MSI also included its own Turbo Drive Engine (TDE) technology in the GT680 to instantly throttle up system performance, paving the way for it to attain a record-breaking 18,162 points on the PC MARK Vantage test, making it the world’s fastest notebook computer.