HijackThis, a general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites. As a result, false positives are imminent and unless you are sure what you’re doing, you should always consult with knowledgable folks (e.g. the forums) before deleting anything or at least read the Hijack This tutorial.
Read more for changelog.
Download: MajorGeeks Link HijackThis 1.98:
* Added freaking 50 new Registry value to scan for IE!
* Added status text during scan.
* Added a ton of new files to the LSP whitelist (missing imon.dll
shouldn’t show anymore as well).
* Support for non-US character sets (Japanese, Traditional/Simplified
Chinese and Korean)!
* Fixed a bug where R3 entries ending in ‘}_’ weren’t fixed.
* Backups are now placed in a seperate folder labelled ‘backups’.
* Improved detection of O4 Registry autoruns, RunServicesOnce key is now
* Fixed a possible catastrophic bug in fixing of F2 Userinit entries
(incorrect backup restore).
* Added small process manager and hosts file editor (Misc Tools).
* Disabled routine to fix O10 items, since this can break the Winsock LSP