HijackThis, a general homepage hijackers detector and remover. Initially based on the article Hijacked!, but expanded with almost a dozen other checks against hijacker tricks. It is continually updated to detect and remove new hijacks. It does not target specific programs/URLs, just the methods used by hijackers to force you onto their sites. As a result, false positives are imminent and unless you are sure what you’re doing, you should always consult with knowledgable folks (e.g. the forums) before deleting anything
Size: 177 Kb
Requires: Win All
* Added freaking 50 new Registry value to scan for IE!
* Added status text during scan.
* Added a ton of new files to the LSP whitelist (missing imon.dll
shouldn’t show anymore as well).
* Support for non-US character sets (Japanese, Traditional/Simplified
Chinese and Korean)!
* Fixed a bug where R3 entries ending in ‘}_’ weren’t fixed.
* Backups are now placed in a seperate folder labelled ‘backups’.
* Improved detection of O4 Registry autoruns, RunServicesOnce key is now
* Fixed a possible catastrophic bug in fixing of F2 Userinit entries
(incorrect backup restore).
* Added small process manager and hosts file editor (Misc Tools).
* Disabled routine to fix O10 items, since this can break the Winsock LSP