Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, you protect yourself and your
family in all circumstances: at work, during the consultation of your
bank accounts, while you are shopping on the internet or online gaming.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has all the functions to use the
Internet safely. You can enjoy all the opportunities offered by the
Internet and your PC without worrying about cyber-crime. Kaspersky
Internet Security 2010 also includes a large number of tools and
options that allow you to adjust your security suite as per your
Kaspersky Internet Security is a comprehensive protection system that detects all threats that may enter your computer.
Surf Internet without fear of any infection to your PC?
Kaspersky detects viruses, spyware and any other programs at risk while
you surf the Internet, data processing, mailings or electronic
discussions via chat, online gaming, shopping and banking online.
- Viruses, trojans, worms and other malware, spyware and adware. Rootkits, bootkits, etc
- Identity theft by keyloggers, screen shots.
- Zero day attacks and unknown threats
- Infections by visiting websites, network attacks and intrusions
- Unwanted Web content and spam or offensive
- Protect pc applications by an original license and auto update.
- Botnet Protection for your Computer.
Kaspersky Internet Security 1 year Licenses come with following functions :
- Automatic daily updates and/or manual (on demand)
- Antivirus resident in memory and to review on demand
- Protection for Internet downloads
- Protecting e-mail (Internet Security: Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Mail)
- Spam filter for junk mail (Internet Security; Outlook / Mail)
- Reports of virus attacks
- Built-in firewall, you can report any suspicious activity or unauthorized connections to the Internet (Internet Security)
- Anti-rootkit protection and installation files without permission
You can test the trail version first, Download Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
Installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
Before downloading (Trail) or purchasing the license version , its
recommend that you first compare your system specifications with
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 system requirements, which are as
- About 375 MB free space on the hard drive (the exact number depends on antivirus database size)
- CD-ROM (for installation of the program from CD)
- Computer mouse
- Internet connection (for product activation)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (for downloading updates)
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or higher
If your system is compatible then go on and grab it. After downloading
its time to run the setup, before installing it clear the following
- Uninstall any other security application if you have already installed.
- Close any other application that are running.
The software works well with Windows operating systems, you can
automate the installation (ideal for new users) or customize which
items are to install, if we want parental protection, virtual keyboard,
proactive protection, and so on. The Custom installation allows you to
adapt the product to our real needs. The installation process poses no
difficulties and takes five to ten minutes. The software runs
continuously in the background and keeps an icon in the Start bar from
which you can access the most important functions or launch the
application with a double click.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Functions:
Kaspersky offer the ability to disable firewall by default and
automatically set the level of security on which we want to maintain
control over the operation of the application. Kaspersky Internet
Security 2010 offers a set of security solutions that ensure protection
against threats such as spyware, trojans, phishing, etc.. through an
automatic update system and intelligent behavior.
Kaspersky Lab has optimized its known now scan engine and is capable of detecting up to triple threats, maintaining a system resource consumption reasonable.
The Urgent Detection System (UDS) to send information
about new threats to local computers before the release of digital
signatures or updates to the antivirus database.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Interface:
The interface has been improved and redesigned slightly. The
information is divided into tabs and all settings are compiled in the
same menu. A futuristic design top bar turns red or yellow if there is
a problem or is there any task that requires user intervention
(updates, suspicious software, etc). Just click on the button "Repair
now" go to the options required to solve the problem if you need to
navigate through endless menus and making it possible to get a user
without knowledge successfully resolve potential security problems and
keep your PC protected .
The interface is very simple. Divided into five tabs and with green color background users will not have any trouble in understanding it.
1) My Protection:
In the first tab named as My Protection, there is plenty of
information about the protection status of both systems and
applications and also about online activities and data.
2) My Security Zone
The second tab identifies the activities that are being monitored and
the level of confidence that the system has about them. Login to
configure the Digital Protection is difficult for less experienced
users, while the more advanced will have a lot of options on which to
work. It is in this section where we get one of the outstanding option,
which is Safe Mode or Virtual Mode that
allows you to run applications within a virtual environment protected
for increased security, and is ideal for trying a lot of applications
downloaded from the Internet for free.
3) Scan My Computer
It is simply having the option to perform rapid analysis or complete
and which sectors of the computer. Very interesting is the option that
allows the user scan vulnerabilities; Sure that more than one is
surprised at how outdated some of the applications are used, with the
security risks that entails.
4) My Update Center
The Updates section provides information on the number of types of
threats made while Security + is no more, nor less than a section that
offers the user a series of additional tools that enhance the
protection of equipment, such as parental control or a virtual keyboard
that protects against the reading of private information, but also
allows the creation of rescue disks or to erase traces of activity
This section offers user a series of additional tools that enhance the
protection, such as parental control or a virtual keyboard that
protects against the reading of private information, but also allows
the creation of rescue disks or to erase traces of activity private.
Virtual Keyboard tool specially prevents from interception of data
entered at the keyboard. It also can be used to enter a text or
personal data in any office application or in any web-site. New Gamer
mode makes Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 functioning as you plays
games and kills off the interrupting pop ups and also makes memory
usage to minimum.
Performance in terms of virus detection is quite good, it gives full
protection and you can trust on its security. For speed, it takes near
about 2 and half minute for Quick Scan and about 4 minutes for
Vulnerability Scan. Full scan takes more time i.e about 1 hour. It
doesn’t effects much in the boot and shutdown time speed.
- More features than Kaspersky Internet Security 2009.
- Smooth installation
- Fast performance.
- Intuitive user interface.
- Cheap and you can upgrade from version 2009 to 2010 for free!
- Slow update server.
- Application blocking without digital signature.
- Slow downs web browsing etc.
- Eats more cpu usage in the Safe Run ‘sandbox’ mode.
- Sometimes annoying pop ups.
- Can be annoying when you need to approve every single application when you first run one.
It is good as a complete security suite and gives lot of features which
makes it worth to buy. The Kaspersky Internet Security 3 User with one
year licence is just adequate for both the advanced users and novice
users, But for the novice users its some what difficult to configure
properly. Slow down the browsing some what and blocks certain
applications in the background. Overall good to buy, install and use.